- Chapter 1 ("1. Síndrome de Sjögren primario: Generalidades") (pp. 31-115) has been copied literally from the dissertation Brito (2006), which has also been written at the medical department of the Barcelona University and shares one supervisor with the dissertation discussed here. Brito (2006) is nowhere mentioned in the dissertation discussed.
- Fragment 031 01: Already the first page of the thesis has been taken verbatim from an unattributed source. Only one image has been exchanged (and taken from another unattributed source).
- Fragment 032 01: A text passage that gives a clear indication that indeed Brito (2006) has been used to copy the text, and that it has been done via copy-paste: a page break in Brito (2006) appears in Mpl as paragraph break within a sentence.
- Fragment 064 01: An example for a copied table.
- The first 397 (!) references listed in the bibliography are identical to the first 397 references listed in the bibliography of Brito (2006)
- Dr. Manuel Ramos Casals was the supervisor of the dissertation of M.P. and for the dissertation of Brito (2006). It should have been possible for him to spot that substantial parts of the two dissertations are identical.
- There are two more dissertations with substantial text parallels in the introduction section: see Analyse:Nnn and Analyse:Mam. Dr. Manuel Ramos Casals was also the supervisor of those.
- Currently there are 88 reviewed fragments documented that are considered to be violations of citation rules. For 88 of them there is no reference given to the source used („Verschleierungen“ and „Komplettplagiate“). For 0 fragments the source is given, but the extent of the used text is not made clear („Bauernopfer“).
- The publication has 285 pages that have been analyzed. On a total of 88 of these pages violations of citation rules have been documented. This represents a percentage of 30.9%. The 285 analyzed pages break down with respect to the amount of text parallels encountered as follows:
- From these statistics an extrapolation of the amount of text of the publication under investigation that has been documented as problematic can be estimated (conservatively) as about 24% of the main part of the publication.
- In all, text was taken from 4 sources.
The following chart illustrates the amount and the distribution of the text parallel findings. The colours show the type of plagiarism diagnosed:
- grau="Komplettplagiat" (copy & paste): the source of the text parallel is not given, the copy is verbatim.
- rot="Verschleierung" (disguised plagiarism): the source of the text parallel is not given, the copied text will be somewhat modified.