Memon, Larsen (2006): Practical Algorithms for Destabilizing Terrorist Networks in : S. Mehrotra et al. (Eds.): ISI 2006, LNCS 3975, pp. 389 – 400, 2006. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
Fragments from the documentation of suspected plagiarism found in the thesis of Nasrullah Memon are listed below if they also show parallels to Memon's publication given above. In order to see exactly what parallel exists between the source text of the fragment and the publication, one can follow these steps:
- Open the online text comparison tool
- Copy the full text of the publication into the right box of the tool
- Click on a fragment listed below and copy the source text (right hand side of the fragment) into the left box of the tool
- Press "Texte vergleichen", text parallels between Memon's publication and the source text are now marked in colour.
|Fragments Dissertation||Pages Publication||Comments||Source|
|118 08||392||Latora & Marchiori 2004|
The fragments listed in the table above can all be found in Nm's thesis. However, there are additional findings of plagiarism in this publication that go beyond Nm's thesis:
- Xu et al. (2004): The beginning of section 4.1.1. has been copied verbatim into the publication to form the beginning of section 3.1 (p. 391)
- Yang et al. (2005): The beginning of this paper has been taken almost verbatim and including references to the literature to form the first part of the introduction (p. 389, p. 390 first lines).
- Newman (2006): paragraphs on pages 391 and 392 are taken from this source. A source Newman (2003) is mentioned, but the text parallels cannot be found there.