Memon, Larsen (2006): Practical Approaches for Analysis, Visualization and Destabilizing Terrorist Networks Proceedings of the First International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES’06) 0-7695-2567-9/06 IEEE (retracted)
Fragments from the documentation of suspected plagiarism found in the thesis of Nasrullah Memon are listed below if they also show parallels to Memon's publication given above. In order to see exactly what parallel exists between the source text of the fragment and the publication, one can follow these steps:
- Open the online text comparison tool
- Copy the full text of the publication into the right box of the tool
- Click on a fragment listed below and copy the source text (right hand side of the fragment) into the left box of the tool
- Press "Texte vergleichen", text parallels between Memon's publication and the source text are now marked in colour.
|Fragments Dissertation||Pages Publication||Comments||Source|
|028 05||1||short||Xu & Chen 2005a|
|192 01||6-7||Smith & King 2002|
|193 01||6-7||Smith & King 2002|
|194 01||6-7||Smith & King 2002|
|195 02||6-7||Smith & King 2002|
The fragments listed in the table above can all be found in Memon's thesis. However, there are additional findings of plagiarism in this publication that go beyond the thesis:
- Xu & Chen 2005c: Parts of page 2 and 3 of this source are copied into the publication (pages 1, 2). The source is given, but the amount of copied text does not become clear at all.
- Global Guerrillas 2004: Parts of this blog entry have been copied into page 2 of the publication. The source is given, but the amount of the copied text does not become clear at all.