Wiil, Memon, Karampelas (2010): Detecting New Trends in Terrorist Networks in: 2010 International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, 435-440, 978-0-7695-4138-9/10 IEEE, DOI 10.1109/ASONAM.2010.73 (retracted)
Fragments from the documentation of suspected plagiarism found in the thesis of Nasrullah Memon are listed below if they also show parallels to Memon's publication given above. In order to see exactly what parallel exists between the source text of the fragment and the publication, one can follow these steps:
- Open the online text comparison tool
- Copy the full text of the publication into the right box of the tool
- Click on a fragment listed below and copy the source text (right hand side of the fragment) into the left box of the tool
- Press "Texte vergleichen", text parallels between Memon's publication and the source text are now marked in colour.
|Fragments Dissertation||Pages Publication||Comments||Source|
|025 22||435||Koschade 2005|
|031 15||435||Han & Kamber 2006|
|045 18||435||Koschade 2005|
The fragments listed in the table above can all be found in Memon's thesis. However, there are additional findings of plagiarism in this publication that go beyond the thesis:
- Svenson et al. (2006): the first paragraph of page 3 of this source have been copied literally into the publication (page 435, top of second column).
Note that this publication has been published again the following year with only minor changes: 2011c