Störung durch Adblocker erkannt!
Wikia ist eine gebührenfreie Seite, die sich durch Werbung finanziert. Benutzer, die Adblocker einsetzen, haben eine modifizierte Ansicht der Seite.
Wikia ist nicht verfügbar, wenn du weitere Modifikationen in dem Adblocker-Programm gemacht hast. Wenn du sie entfernst, dann wird die Seite ohne Probleme geladen.
- Problematic text parallels can be found in the following chapters (state of analysis: 08-02-2016):
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1. Diabetes Mellitus [beg.] (p. 1-2): pages 1, 2 – [completely (literally)]
- 1.2 Glucose-insulin endocrine metabolic regulatory system (p. 2-6): pages 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- 1.3 The family of facilitative glucose transporters [beg.] (p. 6-7): pages 6, 7 – [completely]
- 1.3.1 The facilitative glucose transporters in the CNS and blood brain barrier (p. 8): page 8 – [completely]
- 1.3.2 The facilitative glucose transporters as pharmaceutical targets (p. 8-9): pages 8, 9 – [completely]
- 1.3.3 The facilitative glucose transporter GLUT1 (p. 9-11): pages 9, 10, 11 – [completely (text)]
- 1.3.4 Glucose transporter 4 (p. 11-12): page 12
- 1.3.5 Role of insulin signalling in GLUT4 regulation (p. 12-13): pages 12, 13
- 1.3.6 PI3K dependent pathway (p. 13-14): pages 13, 14 – [completely]
- 1.3.7 PI3-K independent pathway (p. 14): page 14 – [almost completely (excl. last two sentences)]
- 1.3.8 Role of SNARE proteins in GLUT4 regulation (p. 15): page 15 – [completely]
- 1.3.9 Role of GLUT4 dysfunctions in obesity and type 2 diabetes (p. 15-16): pages 15, 16 – [completely]
- 3. MATERIALS AND METHODS
- Six extensive fragments from Palmada et al (2006), a paper with seven authors including S.J. and the doctoral advisor, can be found at
- The source is referenced once, in the first fragment. The extent of the text reuse is not made clear. All of these fragements have been marked as "KeineWertung" and are not included in the calculations or the report.
- No sources except for the joint work are mentioned anywhere in the dissertation.
- Two of the sources are dissertations written under the guidance of the same supervisor (Embark (2004), Rajamanickam (2007)). The other sources have no apparent link to the author of the dissertation under discussion. E.g. Li (2004) is a doctoral thesis submitted to the Arizona State University.
- Fragment 008 01: an entire page has been copied more or less literally
- Fragment 027 01: a copied figure
- Prof. Dr. Florian Lang was the supervisor of the thesis Embark (2004), as well as the thesis Rajamanickam (2007). For that reason he could have noticed the very substantial text parallels between the dissertation and those sources.
- Currently there are 33 reviewed fragments documented that are considered to be violations of citation rules. For 33 of them there is no reference given to the source used („Verschleierungen“ and „Komplettplagiate“). For 0 fragments the source is given, but the extent of the used text is not made clear („Bauernopfer“).
- The publication has 49 pages that have been analyzed. On a total of 26 of these pages violations of citation rules have been documented. This represents a percentage of 53.1%. The 49 analyzed pages break down with respect to the amount of text parallels encountered as follows:
- From these statistics an extrapolation of the amount of text of the publication under investigation that has been documented as problematic can be estimated (conservatively) as about 37% of the main part of the publication.
- In all, text was taken from 10 sources.
The following chart illustrates the amount and the distribution of the text parallel findings. The colours show the type of plagiarism diagnosed:
- grau="Komplettplagiat" (copy & paste): the source of the text parallel is not given, the copy is verbatim.
- rot="Verschleierung" (disguised plagiarism): the source of the text parallel is not given, the copied text will be somewhat modified.
- gelb="Bauernopfer" (pawn sacrifice): the source of the text parallel is mentioned, but the extent and/or the closeness of the copy to the source is not made clear by the reference.