Seite: 15, Zeilen: 3-8
|Quelle: Abate-Shen 2002|
Seite(n): 782, Zeilen: r.col: 6-12
|CDX2 is normally expressed in the gut during development and adulthood. However, its expression is lost in colorectal tumors and corresponding carcinoma cell lines (Ee et. al., 1995; Hinoi et. al., 2003; Hinoi et. al., 2001). A role for the loss of Cdx2 expression in colorectal carcinoma development can be inferred from the frequent occurrence of adenomatous intestinal polyps in Cdx2 heterozygous mutant mice.
Ee, H. C., Erler, T., Bhathal, P. S., Young, G. P., and James, R. J. (1995). Cdx-2 homeodomain protein expression in human and rat colorectal adenoma and carcinoma. Am J Pathol 147, 586-592.
Hinoi, T., Loda, M., and Fearon, E. R. (2003). Silencing of CDX2 expression in colon cancer via a dominant repression pathway. J Biol Chem 278, 44608-44616.
Hinoi, T., Tani, M., Lucas, P. C., Caca, K., Dunn, R. L., Macri, E., Loda, M., Appelman, H. D., Cho, K. R., and Fearon, E. R. (2001). Loss of CDX2 expression and microsatellite instability are prominent features of large cell minimally differentiated carcinomas of the colon. Am J Pathol 159, 2239-2248.
|CDX2 is normally expressed in the gut during development and adulthood52–54; however, its expression is lost in colorectal tumours and corresponding carcinoma cell lines32,55,56.A functional role for the loss of function of Cdx2 in colorectal carcinoma has been indicated by the frequent occurrence of ADENOMATOUS INTESTINAL POLYPS in Cdx2 heterozygous mutant mice57;
32. Ee, H. C., Erler, T., Bhathal, P. S., Young, G. P. & James, R. J. Cdx-2 homeodomain protein expression in human and rat colorectal adenoma and carcinoma. Am. J. Pathol. 147, 586–592 (1995).
52. James, R. & Kazenwadel, J. Homeobox gene expression in the intestinal epithelium of adult mice. J. Biol. Chem. 266, 3246–3251 (1991).
53. James, R., Erler, T. & Kazenwadel, J. Structure of the murine homeobox gene cdx-2. Expression in embryonic and adult intestinal epithelium. J. Biol. Chem. 269, 15229–15237 (1994).
54. Silberg, D. G., Swain, G. P., Suh, E. R. & Traber, P. G. Cdx1 and cdx2 expression during intestinal development. Gastroenterology 119, 961–971 (2000).
55. Mallo, G. V. et al. Molecular cloning, sequencing and expression of the mRNA encoding human Cdx1 and Cdx2 homeobox. Down-regulation of Cdx1 and Cdx2 mRNA expression during colorectal carcinogenesis. Int. J. Cancer 74, 35–44 (1997).
56. Hinoi, T. et al. Loss of CDX2 expression and microsatellite instability are prominent features of large cell minimally differentiated carcinomas of the colon. Am. J. Pathol. 159, 2239–2248 (2001).
57. Chawengsaksophak, K., James, R., Hammond, V. E., Kontgen, F. & Beck, F. Homeosis and intestinal tumours in Cdx2 mutant mice. Nature 386, 84–87 (1997). [...]
The source is not mentioned here.