Störung durch Adblocker erkannt!
Wikia ist eine gebührenfreie Seite, die sich durch Werbung finanziert. Benutzer, die Adblocker einsetzen, haben eine modifizierte Ansicht der Seite.
Wikia ist nicht verfügbar, wenn du weitere Modifikationen in dem Adblocker-Programm gemacht hast. Wenn du sie entfernst, dann wird die Seite ohne Probleme geladen.
- Problematic text parallels can be found in the following chapters (state of analysis: 07-01-2016):
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Helicobacter pylori
- 1.1.1 History (p. 1-2): pages 1, 2 – [almost completely]
- 1.1.2 General characteristics (p. 2): page 2 – [completely]
- 1.1.3 Disease and epidemiology (p. 3-4): pages 3, 4 – [almost completely]
- 1.1.4 Ecological niche (p. 4-5): pages 4, 5 – [completely]
- 1.1.5 Genetic diversity of Helicobacter pylori (p. 5-8): pages 5, 6, 7, 8
- 1.1.7 Helicobacter pylori as a marker of human population migrations (p. 9-11): pages 9, 10, 11
- 3 RESULTS
- 3.1 Culture of Helicobacter pylori strains from Sudan
- 3.1.2 Multiple strains from same patient (p. 38-43): page 41.
- Wanken (2003): Several pages in the introduction have been taken from a dissertation written at the Ohio State University.
- Wikipedia Recent African origin of modern humans (2007): There are substantial borrowings from the Wikipedia, which is not mentioned anywhere in the thesis.
- On page V of the thesis one can find the following "declaration":
"The work in this thesis is based on research carried out at the Helicobacter research group, Hannover, Germany. No part of this thesis has been submitted elsewhere for any other degree or qualification and it is all my own work unless referenced to the contrary in the text."
- Also on page V one finds a copyright statement:
"The copyright of this thesis rests with the author. No quotations from it should be published without the author's prior written consent and information derived from it should be acknowledged"
Leaving aside the extensive text parallels documented, this copyright statement portrays a curious interpretation of the nature and purpose of quotations in scientific texts.
- Currently there are 23 reviewed fragments documented that are considered to be violations of citation rules. For 22 of them there is no reference given to the source used („Verschleierungen“ and „Komplettplagiate“). For 1 fragments the source is given, but the extent of the used text is not made clear („Bauernopfer“).
- The publication has 58 pages that have been analyzed. On a total of 19 of these pages violations of citation rules have been documented. This represents a percentage of 32.8%. The 58 analyzed pages break down with respect to the amount of text parallels encountered as follows:
- From these statistics an extrapolation of the amount of text of the publication under investigation that has been documented as problematic can be estimated (conservatively) as about 18% of the main part of the publication.
- In all, text was taken from 9 sources.
The following chart illustrates the extent and the distribution of the text parallels found. The colours show the type of violation of citation rules diagnosed:
- grau="Komplettplagiat" (copy & paste): the source of the text parallel is not given, the copy is verbatim.
- rot="Verschleierung" (disguised copy): the source of the text parallel is not given, the copied text will be somewhat modified.
- gelb="Bauernopfer" (pawn sacrifice): the source of the text parallel is mentioned, but the extent and/or the closeness of the copy to the source is not made clear by the reference.
(state of analysis: 07-01-2016)